Tuesday 17 March 2015

Life....

Life. It's a four letter word but my goodness it involves so very much. I have been,yet again, fairly quiet on the blog and social media front. Life just seems to get in the way of late and no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get on top of things. The days fly past and I have to do lists that I never seem to get through (or more often than not forget to even write!) and before I know it the weekend is upon us again and I feel like I have barely even scratched the surface of what I needed or wanted to get done.

We celebrated my little one's 2nd birthday a couple of weeks ago. We had a fun filled party with our sweet family and friends. We then spent his actual birthday down at the farm and by golly did my little man have the time of his life! He fed the animals, milked a cow, went for a tractor ride and even managed to crack a whip! He truly had a magical and memorable day.






In all honesty I have been a little overwhelmed and confused with Life lately. I don't know which direction I am headed in and just feel like nothing is settled at the moment. I have this yearning of just wanting to be a mamma and wife and treasure every single second before my baby grows up and no longer needs me. People tell me all too often that I need to have a business or part time job to keep busy and to have for when my little guy gets to a point where he no longer needs his mamma. I have run my little business successfully for the last 4 years and while I do enjoy it at times, it is getting to a point where I would much rather be doing the wifey/mamma thing of washing, cooking, cleaning and doing all things 1950s really! People think I am mad, people think I am naive but at the end of the day I think to myself I need to do what makes me happy and not do what people expect me to do. Treasure these days as they are numbered, soak up the lazy days with my little man, the days at the park or baking in the kitchen, crafting and memory keeping because these are the days you will never get back.

So, with that being said I am seriously thinking of taking a small step back from my little business and just taking the time to BE....you may notice that this little blog will start to share everyday events of Life. The daily happenings of our little life. My life and world are only small but by gosh I feel so full and blessed for everything I have been given. I want to make memories with my little man and not just have the days pass me by. I don't want to look back and say 'where did the days go?' and feel sadness. I want to look back and say 'they were the best years of my life' I feel so fortunate to have embraced and treasured the simple ordinary days as a wife and mamma. Life doesn't get better than what it is right now and I need to soak it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment