Thursday 26 March 2015

Term One....

Where has Term One gone? Seriously? Like so many people, I feel like I blink and the days just fly by!  How did Easter get here so quickly? Another week and we will be celebrating such a sacred event on our Catholic calendar......it is one of my favourite celebrations for so many reasons.

Term 1 is already coming to a close next week so I thought I would share the odds and ends of what we have been up to over at Laugh & Learn!

The older students have been working hard on their grammar and writing skills while still brushing up on their basic math knowledge. Times tables have been given a hammering this term but all in the name of fun! We have had a number of new students come through our doors and we are feeling so blessed for the word of mouth that has been happening in our local area.

The younger students have been working hard on their fine motor skills with lots of cutting, gluing, tearing, lacing and tracing going on. One of my sweet boys has been working hard on writing his name and has made amazing progress. I am proud of this little learner. He went from not being able to hold a pencil to tracing his name with ease and almost perfection in just two sessions!
We have also been working on patterns and identifying our letters. Patterns is a concept that isn't always easy for little ones to learn, it can often take a lot of repetition and game playing before children catch on to a pattern. Start with the basics of a colour pattern first then work your way up to shapes and objects. Another little learner has been proudly identifying patterns everywhere she goes with confidence which blew her mamma away!


On the home front we have been having some family fun! With the Easter season upon us we decided to head to our local country Easter show and I must say I was impressed! It was a wonderful experience for the whole family and was truly a country inspired show. It had such a sense of community and was so family friendly.  We had an absolute blast! The little guy went  on rides, ate fair food, got up close and personal with the animals, watched a sweet puppet show and played a few fun games just to name a few. His all time favourite activity was the big four wheeler. He had the absolute time of his life and we could not wipe the smile of his face no matter how many times he went around the track! Warmed my heart and kept a smile on my face al day. Stopped a sweet, country lady and asked about her kids country hats! Had never seen anything so adorable, so needless to say I am on the hunt for those very hats after she passed on the details. Will update you when I have success!

We finally attempted home made ice cream in my trusty little thermie and good golly it was delicious!!! As tasty as the shop bought ones but even better knowing it was truly home mad with no nasties. A huge hit in our home! Have been given a list of flavours for the next round hehe. We did some painting in our high chair many a times so that mamma could get dinner prepped and made in record time on more than one occasion.
We watched the rain come down a few times these last months. I cannot tell you in words the feeling I get when I watch my little main man crouched at the window mesmorised by those droplets of rain time and time again. It never gets old for him and it certainly never gets old for me watching him. I could easily spend minute after minute watching his little face of wonder and awe at God's creation.

On a slightly different note my buddy started soccer today and he was the darnest, cutest little soccer player I ever did see! He rocked it and made me the proudest mamma ever. To top it off his coach sent a sweet email tonight congratulating us on how well he did today and how he had blown both coaches away with all that he did. Extremely proud mamma moment so much so that I had tears in my eyes reading it! Couldn't help myself had to share!

St Patrick's Day came and went but we managed to squeeze in a quick craft along with some Easter crafts both at Laugh & Learn HQ and at home so will be back soon to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment