Friday 3 April 2015

Easter...

Just stopping by quickly to wish everyone a blessed and joyful Easter.

This celebration is one of my all time favourites each year and even more so with my little boy to share it with!
We spent Good Friday together as a little family of 3 before heading off to the Stations of The Cross with our extended family. So proud of our little boy during Mass. It took quite some time for the Stations to get underway so there was over an hour of waiting before the re-enactment actually began and my little boy did his Mamma and Papa proud let me tell you! He was absolutely fascinated with Jesus and recognised him all over the church. It was so delightful to see and brought the biggest smile to my face!

We did a bunch of Easter crafts through the day including a  stained glass window cross craft and Easter plaque painting which I will post photos of up soon. In the meantime, I have added a few pictures below to share how spent our day. I spent a nice block of time finishing my little guy's Project Life Christening album. My boys spent some time catching up on much needed sleep so I took the opportunity to light a candle for our Savior, have a coffee (or 2!) and peacefully worked through all my photos and journalling cards....was a work in progress but is finally finished!

We used play doh to create the different parts of the Stations of the Cross. My little man really enjoyed this activity...so simple but so entertaining for a toddler! His sweet Papa (Daddy) spent some time with him going through the Easter Story Eggs...another activity that kept him busy for some time! Who knew opening plastic eggs could be so exciting?!

Enjoy your Easter long weekend, take some time to light a candle, say a rosary/prayer and remember the true meaning of this sacred weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment