Friday 29 August 2014

Flour Writing!

Late this afternoon I was trying to hold my little man out from his nap, so I decided to whip out one of my classic school readiness activities Flour Writing. This is an activity I have done with my students for years from pre-school age all the way to Grade 3! Time and time again my students ask for it....the little ones practise their name and letter writing along with numbers while the slightly older students use it to write their out their spelling words.....such a simple but effective activity!

After watching yet another episode of Thomas I decided we needed to do something more engaging and thought why not give the Flour Writing a try with my little man?! Granted, he is only 17 months old so my expectations of what he would be able to do were going to be different to those of my students but in saying all that he exceeded my expectations and had a blast with this flour writing experience!






We experimented using a variety of different tools from paint brushes to shapes allowing for a more sensory experience. I must say, it took him a little while to warm up to this activity as he wasn't so sure about the flour at first! You can do this activity with many different elements including sand, salt, sugar, seeds and even shaving cream! You can some alternatives for this task on my Laugh and Learn 4 Kids Pinterest page!









No comments:

Post a Comment