Friday 29 August 2014

Flour Writing Continued....

Yesterday I showed you the Flour Writing activity with my little boy. I mentioned that I have done this same task countless times with my older students from preschool through to Grade 3 and sometimes even older!

Today I thought I would share some examples of how you can do this same this task with older children. Stay tuned for the ways you can move from Flour Writing to more formal forms of writing in a Laugh and Learn kind of way!

Allowing younger students to simply explore with the flour is a great sensory experience.

Providing preschool students with individual letters of the alphabet is a great way to review letters being taught and is a great pre-writing experience! You can also do this to teach numbers or when getting them to practise writing their own name.




 Although this one is hard to see, it is an example of my older students writing out their spelling words. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of the ol' school pen to paper when practising spelling words as it promotes students to use so many necessary everyday skills but every now and then it is fun to change it up and add a bit of laughing and learning at the same time! This is such an engaging way to practise spelling - a task many students often dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment