Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sydney Sadness......

Today has been a sad and heart breaking day in Sydney, a day that will forever be in our hearts and never forgotten.

I have no words to explain the sickening feeling I had yesterday when it was announced that numerous hostages had been taken and were being held against their will in a Lindt cafe in our renowned Martin Place. 

Early this morning I simply could not sleep. I tossed and turned all night thinking of what those poor innocent victims and their loved ones must be experiencing. I decided to get up and switched on the t.v and was shocked at what I saw unfold. Two precious, innocent lives lost. Several injured but free hostages. Their lives will never be the same again. 

I have lit a candle for those involved and for those two lives lost in such horrific circumstances. It has been the only thing I can think to do as I pray with all my heart that those who survived and their families can find the strength in God to get through the hard times they still have to face.

With a heavy heart thinking about what has happened in Sydney, I will hold my little man closer and tighter tonight....light a candle, say a prayer and hold your loved ones near.




A link I found through Retro Mummy on the Mass that took place at St Mary's Cathedral today for the victims....heartfelt and touching, it really hit a chord with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment