Wednesday 17 September 2014

Number Puzzles

Like many people these days, I have been caught up in the busy-ness of everyday life and have been a bit slack on the blog lately but I am determined to try and get back into posting more regularly!

Life lately just seems to be passing me by, which, is something that really bothers me and I am making a concsious effort to make some changes to just slow down and treasure the simple things in life.....will keep you updated with this!

Recently, I have been working with one of my school readiness students on identifying the numbers 1-5. This is an area this particular student has struggled with for some time so the last few weeks I have been trying various activities to try and help her better retain the numbers we have been focusing on.
In true Laugh and Learn style I wanted something that was both meaningful but fun too use so I created these cute number puzzles!
Due to her young age, my main goal was to get her to identify each individual digit. The word and object identification will come later. This activity was simple, I gave her the mixed up puzzle pieces and asked her to put he puzzle back together.The use of different colours for each number did make the task some what easier. If using this activity with older Kindergarten aged children I would definitely recommend  using the same/like colours so that the task would be more challenging.







This activity is available for purchase. Please email for info@laughandlearntuition.com.au further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment