Sunday 7 September 2014

Our Father's Day

First off apologies for such a late Father's Day post. I was hoping to have this post up earlier so that you could get some more Father's Day gift ideas but unfortunately time got away from me!

Father's Day for us this year was a little bit different in that my husband and I had to work at night as we have recently taken more of a hand in the family business. 

The morning started with me making the most AMAZING husband and father I know, a delicious breakfast feast while watching a dvd I had specially made for him...showcasing photos and videos of him and his little mini me across the last 18 months with a sweet Daddy song to accompany it. Needless to say he loved it and I cried more than once! Haha! Even our little man was mesmerised watching himself and his Papa on screen! Too cute! We then had the present opening which is always fun and got ourselves dressed and ready to head to my in laws for a big Italian feast followed by an Italian  afternoon tea with my family before heading off to work! 

It was a super busy (and exhausting) day but it is just how we love to celebrate! Family is everything to us and not sharing such celebrations all together on both sides just wouldn't feel right for us. Even though the day is as much about my husband now that he is a father, it means more in our eyes to be with our two extended families on such a day. We are blessed to have both sets of families live in the same city which I know not everyone is able to have!

So with all that said onto my craft for this year's Father's Day. Anyone who knows me also knows I LOVE to celebrate special events and also love to do things a little differently ;) Despite the fact I know I tend to drive the ones around me a little batty :)

Since having my little man I love that we can do fun crafty things to celebrate events through the year. This year for Mother's Day and Father's Day I decided to make plaster plaques which I personalised and then had my little guy paint - we had a blast! I added two photos to each plaque of my little guy with the recipient just to add that personal sweet touch :) Along with the plaques we also gave them a few gifts to say 'Thank you'.

This was for my little man's Papa (Dad). We started off with blue and just finger painted to get into the fun of it!

We then mixed green to add a different dimension! Haha!

I Love You Nonno (Grandpa) for my Father in law. By this stage we decided to give the paintbrush a go. He was very particular about dipping the brush into the paint and painting like the big kids who come to Mummy's work studio!
Each plaque we painted had a soccer/football theme. This one ended up red and yellow as my Father in law supports AS Roma.

I Love My Nonno (Grandpa) for my Dad. He is a long time West Tigers Rugby League supporter so it was only right to do orange and black.

No 1 Compare (Godfather). Our little man's Godfather is an avid Sydney Roosters supporter. 
Celebrating the Godparents on Father's Day and Mother's Day is important to us for both family and religious reasons. We always get either Godparent on their day, something small to say 'Thank you' for taking on such an important and sacred role.

So, in a (long) nutshell there is our Father's Day craft and celebrations for 2014! If you would like more information about the plaster plaques or would like to purchase one, don't hesitate to email me!
















No comments:

Post a Comment